Prep your snacks ahead of time, so they’re ready to eat when you are!
Wash and slice vegetables and store in glass containers in the fridge. Sliced celery, carrots, and peppers may fare better submerged in water.
- Air popped popcorn
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sliced celery and carrot sticks with a tbs of peanut or almond butter
- Sliced yellow, red and green peppers with a tbs of hummus
- Sliced apple or banana with peanut or almond butter
- Small handful of almonds or other nuts with 1/2 an apple or other fruit
Don’t get caught empty handed. Keep emergency snacks in the car or in your bag.
Having a snack readily handy in the car can help tide you over and prevent you from finding yourself starving and making a b-line for the nearest drive thru. These snacks come in especially handy when out anywhere for the day where you will not have access to healthy food.
For the Car:
- Single serving size bags of any kind of nuts
- Lara bars
To Bring on Outings:
- Sliced apple (drizzle with lemon to prevent browning)
- Peeled orange
- Bag of grapes
- Bag of popcorn
- Seaweed snack pack