Serves 4 | Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 (4 to 6-ounce) pieces salmon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Warm the olive oil on medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add the shallots and saute until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, and broth. Bringing them to a simmer. Cover and keep warm over low heat.
- Pulse the peas, mint, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor or high-speed blender to puree.
- With the processor on add the olive oil in a steady drizzle.
- Transfer the pea puree to a small bowl.
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Sprinkle the Salmon with salt and pepper.
- Cook the salmon about 4 to 5 minutes on the first side for about 2-3 minutes on the other side, more if fish is thicker.
To assemble the dish:
- Add the tablespoon chopped mint to the Lemon Brodetto and divide between 4 shallow bowls.
- Place a large spoonful of Pea Puree into the center of each dish and top it with a piece of salmon.
- Serve immediately.
** View the original instructions on the Food Network website.