Make breakfast for the week on Sundays. You’ll be really happy that you took a few minutes to prepare your breakfast ahead of time so that its ready to grab and go during the week.
Make Ahead Breakfast Ideas
- Steel Cut Oats – cook and portion into single serving glass containers. Heat and eat one each morning or transfer to a thermos to keep warm. Add fruit such as berries or banana. Add a few chopped walnuts when you’re ready to eat it. Delish!
- Hard boiled eggs – pair with a banana or other fruit to accompany the lonely egg.
- Muffin Tin eggs cook 8 and reheat 2 in the morning or add them to a thermos to keep warm until ready to eat.
- Quinoa breakfast cereal. Cook and portion into single serving glass containers and reheat or place in thermos to go in the morning.
- Chia Seed Pudding. Portion into single serving glass containers.
LUNCH & DINNER
Pre-prepping some easy no frills sides and bases can help you avoid the take-out menu.
Pre-Prep Lunch & Dinner Ideas
- Wash lettuce and store it in an airtight glass container to use for a salad base during the week
- Wash and cut up broccoli and cauliflower and store in a plastic bag wrapped in a wet paper towel or in a glass container in the fridge
- Wash and store cherry tomatoes in a glass container in the fridge
- Pre-toast slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds to throw in a salad and store in glass jar on the counter
- Roast a few sweet potatoes and beets to have on hand to use as sides and/or in a salad
- Cook a pot of rice and store for the week to pair with veggies or beans
- Cut up over-ripe bananas and store in freezer for smoothies or healthy banana ice-cream desert option
- Keep a few frozen rice and bean burritos or other ‘healthy-ish’ frozen foods in the freezer for emergency meals. You can pair the burritos with avocado, salad that is mostly prepped and some steamed veggies for a quick meal.