- 1/2 box Banza pasta shells (made out of garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 Tbs butter
- 5 – 6 stalks asparagus cut into small pieces
- 4 – 5 white mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tsp savory spice blend
Savory Spice Blend
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast *
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard (mustard powder)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
The nutty parmesan and savory spice blend recipes are from the nutritionfacts.org site.
- Follow directions on pasta box to cook pasta
- Chop the asparagus into small pieces about 1/8 thick and slice the mushrooms
- Warm the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the chopped asparagus and sliced mushroom and saute until cooked. About 3-4 minutes.
For the Spice Blend
- Mix all the spices together in a small food processor.
- Transfer to a spice jar, label and store with other spices
For the Nutty Parmesan
- Combine all ingredients in a small food processor and mix well. Do not over mix.
- Transfer to a jar with a tight fitting lid. The nutty parm can be stored for a few months and used to top various dishes.
Place the cooked pasta in a bowl top with sautéed mushrooms, asparagus and nutty parmesan.