Serves 4 | Adapted from Epicurious
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (14- to 15-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (19-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (3 cups)
- 2-3 spicy chicken sausage links- already cooked
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head of Kale
- 8 (3/4-inch-thick) slices baguette – optional
- Cook garlic over medium/low heat in enough olive oil to cover the bottom of a stock pot, stir until garlic begins to turn a golden brown, 1 – 2 minutes. Chop up tomatoes in can with kitchen scissors, then add (with juice) to garlic in oil. Stir in broth, beans, spicy chicken sausage, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in kale and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Serve with warm bread if desired.
View the original recipe on the Epicurious website.