Directions – To Trail
From Highway 101
- Take the San Anselmo/ Sir Francis Drake Blvd Exit and head west on Sir Francis Drake Blvd for 6.0 miles to the town of Fairfax.
- Upon entering Fairfax, turn left on Pacheo Avenue
- Then take an immediate right onto Broadway.
- After one block, turn left onto Bolinas Road (sometimes called Bolinas-Fairfax Road).
- In roughly 1/2 a mile turn left onto Porteous Avenue.
- Continue on Porteaous until you reach the parking lot at Deer Park School.
TRAIL ROUTE – 5 Miles
From the Parking lot
- From the parking lot walk around the left side of the school to reach the Deer Park Fire Road
- Continue straight on the Deer Park Fire Rd
- Take a right onto Moore Trail
- At bottom of the wood stairs take a sharp left turn onto Canyon Trail/ Pipeline. There is a tall wood sign with moss growing over it.
- When you reach a stream junction continue straight ahead on the right side of the stream and up the single track trail until you reach Concrete Pipeline Road (dirt road)
- Head left on Concrete Pipeline Road
- You will come to a multi-trail junction (five corners)
- Head up the steep trail to the right of the wood bathroom with the mountain lion warning sign. J It’s a short hill.
- At the top take a right on the Bald Hill Trail it’s a single-track trail.
- At the split in the trail, take the trail directly to the left of the wooden sign. You will be on the Yolanda trail headed to Worn Springs Road.
- Go left down the unmarked fire road (worn springs)
- At the bottom of the hill make a left onto the Buckeye trail a small single-track trail right next to the big oak tree
- At the bottom of the single-track trail take a left onto Deer Park trail and back to the school.