Serves 4 | Adapted from Alison Roman Recipe
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, leaves and tender stems only
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 pounds skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- Slice scallions and set aside ¼ cup.
- In a food processer or blender pulse cilantro, garlic, citrus zests, citrus juices, soy sauce, oil, salt, and remaining scallions until a rough purée forms.
- Set aside ¼ cup marinade;
- Place remaining marinade in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Add chicken to the bag, seal and shake to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Remove chicken from marinade and place chicken skin side down on a foil-lined baking sheet; discard marinade.
- Broil chicken until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Turn; continue to broil until cooked through about 12–15 minutes longer.
- Serve chicken with reserved marinade and scallions.
** Chicken can be marinated 2 hours ahead. Keep chilled.
View the original instructions on the Bon Appetit website.