- 1/2 cup lowfat milk
- 1 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 shallots
- 1 can vegetable broth
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- Chop shallots finely and sauté in a tbsp of butter until translucent.
- Place a heaping tbsp of flour onto shallots and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add can of vegetable broth and simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus (broken into 1-2 inch pieces) and fresh tarragon. Simmer together until the asparagus is soft.
- Transfer to blender or use immersion blender, add 1/2 cup milk and blend to purée.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.